SIP2 / 3M™ SelfCheck™
EOS.Web SIP2 / 3M SelfCheck enables a library’s patrons to be more self-sufficient and check out materials themselves. With SIP2 enabled communications and 3M SelfCheck Systems, EOS provides the next generation of patron checkout. These systems are the most advanced, fully-featured patron checkout systems available today to help improve service to patrons and reduce costs.
Advantages of using the EOS Self-Check module includes raising library staff efficiency and productivity while providing the flexibility you need to improve service to your patrons. Now you can:
- Place self check-out machines in locations not previously considered
- Reduce staffing and training requirements
- Significantly enhance existing circulation methods and procedures
EOS SIP2 / 3M SelfCheck uses a TCP/IP interface which allows multiple 3M SelfCheck workstations to transmit real-time transaction data to and from your database to support checkin or checkout functions.
EOS SelfCheck can be used with 3M SelfCheck Systems or with any SIP2-compliant self-circulation workstation. The SIP2 protocol has been adopted by many other systems and products which communicate with library automation systems.
This standard protocol benefits the library by enabling them to:
- Add new types of automated devices and services to the library
- Upgrade to new versions of automated devices
- Change from one circulation system to another without replacing equipment
Radio Frequency Identification (RFID)
3M RFID solutions optimize materials and human resources in libraries with security technology that identify, track and secure library materials. When used in conjunction with EOS.Web, even first time users will be able to process materials quickly and privately.