SirsiDynix Announces General Availability of Enterprise 3.0
September 22nd, 2009
PROVO, UT, September 22, 2009 – SirsiDynix®, the global leader in library technology solutions, announces the general availability of SirsiDynix Enterprise™ 3.0. Enterprise 3.0 offers users a single search well to discover all resources the library makes available. Those resources might include one or more library catalogs, digital collections, selected web sites, and federated resources.
Because Enterprise is a hosted solution, it will scale to accommodate any amount of searchable content. At the same time, a powerful administrative user interface will adapt the product to the needs of both independent small libraries and consortia. Enterprise can have a footprint as small as a search box widget or it can serve as a full library web presence and content management system.
Enterprise 3.0 sets a new industry standard for local control in a hosted discovery tool. The Enterprise administrative user interface gives libraries the ability to define profiles for specific local patron groups. Library administrators have the ability to configure all of the following according to local needs:
- Search Scope: Users searching through a locally defined profile may search everything the library offers or a subset of particular interest. Enterprise lets libraries define custom search limits for use within specific profiles. These limits allow patrons to focus searches on records or documents that match an enormous range of possible attributes including content source, location, language, reading level, and format.
- Look and feel: Libraries can upload their own headers, footers, and navigation panels. They can also upload their own cascading style sheets to control fonts, colors, backgrounds, and layout.
- Authentication: Libraries can decide whether or not authentication is required for a given profile and whether to use LDAP or the ILS user repository.
- Available content: In consortia, not all members have the same content subscriptions. Profiles allow configuration for individual members.
- Reporting: With built-in Google Analytics, Libraries will have unprecedented visibility into the usage trends of their Enterprise 3.0 discovery tool.
- Search Displays: Libraries can select which fields appear in search results and detail displays as well as the arrangement and behavior of those fields.
- Content Management: Libraries that use the content management features will enjoy the ability to select which content is available to specific profiles and can use both a WYSIWYG interface for editing and creating content or a built-in HTML editor.
Because all of this is configurable through an administrative user interface, there is no need to edit files on the server or to worry about whether customizations will be preserved through upgrades.
In addition to all of the above, Enterprise has essential elements that have become standard for a modern library discovery tool including real-time availability information, integration with industry-wide social network (through ChiliFresh), seamless placement of holds, enriched content integration, “did you mean” search suggestions, and RSS/ATOM feeds.
“Enterprise gives us the right technology for long term growth and innovation. We’ve built it from the ground up using web services. This gives us almost unlimited flexibility to integrate with other systems and build on the strength of our current offering.” said Talin Bingham, chief technology officer for SirsiDynix.
SirsiDynix Enterprise empowers libraries to make their collections and external resources more accessible than ever before. Capitalizing on the industry’s first fuzzy logic search technology, Enterprise delivers leading-edge faceted search capabilities, simplified search interfaces, guided discovery, mobile browsing, social networking, and many more features. Enterprise benefits users with a familiar single search box to make discovering easy, intuitive, and successful, accurate results despite misspellings, multiple languages to fit individual needs, and configurable themes to tailor the experience to the needs of individual user profiles.
For more information about SirsiDynix Enterprise, contact your SirsiDynix sales consultant or email email@example.com.
# # #
SirsiDynix is the global leader in strategic technology solutions for libraries – vital institutions whose primary mission is to assist people in discovering and using knowledge, resources and other valuable content for their educations, jobs and entertainment. In concert with key industry partners, SirsiDynix supports this strategic role for libraries by offering a comprehensive integrated suite of technology solutions that improve the internal productivity of libraries and enhance their capacity to partner with their communities through the provision of state of the art library management systems (LMS) and search and discovery solutions. SirsiDynix serves approximately 4,000 libraries and consortia that provide services to over 300 million people through more than 20,000 library outlets in the Americas, Europe, Africa, the Middle East and Asia-Pacific. For more information, please see www.sirsidynix.com.