SirsiDynix Releases Enterprise 4.3 and Portfolio 4.3
May 21st, 2013
LEHI, UTAH (May 21, 2013) – SirsiDynix today released version 4.3 of Enterprise and Portfolio, its premium tools for patron discovery and digital asset management. Version 4.3 brings 24 new features and enhancements to Enterprise and Portfolio, including eResource Central integration, EBSCO Discovery Service integration, and search speed improvements.
“Version 4.3 of Enterprise and Portfolio delivers powerful integrations with eRC, EBSCO, and Buy It Now,” said Bill Davison, SirsiDynix CEO. “But it also delivers workhorse features like faster search speeds, cascading profile settings, and improved academic reserves. This release marries the forward-thinking features libraries need to serve communities used to Google and Amazon with productivity-focused features that let library staff do their jobs more efficiently.”
The updates in version 4.3 of Enterprise and Portfolio include the following:
- eResource Central (eRC) integration. eRC integration lets library users search electronic content alongside physical content, see real-time availability and previews for electronic content, and download most titles from within Enterprise or Portfolio.
- EBSCO Discovery Service (EDS) integration. EDS integration brings EBSCO content to the search interface of Enterprise and Portfolio, giving library users faceted searches of EBSCO databases through a familiar interface.
- Search speed improvement. Searches in version 4.3 are twice as fast on average as those in earlier versions.
- Cascading profile settings. Administrators can copy profile settings from one profile to many others, making it easy to set up multiple profiles for branch libraries or consortia members.
- Buy It Now integration. Library communities can help fund the libraries they love by making everyday purchases through the online retailers they already use.
For more information on Enterprise and Portfolio 4.3, contact your SirsiDynix Sales Representative.
SirsiDynix connects people with knowledge at more than 23,000 libraries around the world. Through library management technology and search and discovery tools, libraries using SirsiDynix technology bring relevant resources and the power of knowledge to their users and communities. SirsiDynix technology is architected to be open, scalable and robust, offering a complete solution out-of-the-box, and unparalleled flexibility through APIs and web services. Complemented by the most experienced training, consulting and support staff in the industry, SirsiDynix helps libraries create tomorrow’s libraries, today. www.sirsidynix.com