SirsiDynix announces SirsiDynix Portfolio™ digital asset management
November 2nd, 2010
PROVO, UTAH (November 2, 2010) – SirsiDynix, the world’s leading provider of library automation solutions, today announced the official release of the SirsiDynix Portfolio™ digital asset management tool. The Portfolio solution builds upon SirsiDynix Enterprise® search and discovery, adding digital asset management capabilities, optical character recognition (OCR) technology, Open Archives Initiative compatibility for Web harvesting, and a security-conscious content management system.
“We are proud to offer this digital solution to libraries of all types,” said SirsiDynix Chief Executive Officer Gary Rautenstrauch. “Many libraries are looking to digital assets, or physical assets that need to be digitized, to expand their collections. Portfolio provides an economical and streamlined way of presenting those collections.”
With the Portfolio solution, libraries are empowered to:
- Gain relevance beyond the library community by exposing digital content to Web crawlers through OAI-PMH compliance;
- Provide full-spectrum search results and enable access to previously unsearchable items through in-text (OCR) search and optional harvesting of library-selected websites or external resources;
- Localize record-keeping with customizable metadata fields, and ability to cross-link an unlimited number of records for easy reference;
- Organize and share multimedia collections including PDFs, video, audio, Web pages and more, and preserve historical collections with support for major standards for the archivist;
- Restrict or limit access to protected assets, item-by-item or batch, through the Portfolio platform’s accountability control settings. Optional access control and authentication management features can also accommodate different viewing privileges by individual user, group or location.
In a tight budget year for libraries everywhere, digital collections enable libraries to tap existing resources to bring more to users – providing value and new venues for connecting with patrons. For more information on the Portfolio system, visit www.sirsidynix.com/products/portfolio.
SirsiDynix connects people with knowledge at more than 20,000 libraries around the world. Through library management technology and search and discovery tools, libraries using SirsiDynix technology bring relevant resources and the power of knowledge to their users and communities. SirsiDynix technology is architected to be open, scalable and robust, offering a complete solution out-of-the-box, and unparalleled flexibility through APIs and web services. Complemented by the most experienced training, consulting and support staff in the industry, SirsiDynix helps libraries create tomorrow’s libraries, today. www.sirsidynix.com